COVID19 Update – December 2020
Altona Miniature Railway is pleased to announce that we are able to return to offering train rides, albeit slightly different. We will be changing the format of the day – to sessions times on the half-hour. This will offer groups of 1-4 people to book a carriage, that will then take two laps of the 2 laps of the railway for $20 per group.
These days will only be open to the current group booking ticket holders only and NOT THE PUBLIC.
At present we are unable to accept pre-existing tickets that you have purchased prior to our closure. We will advise once these will be in use as our open day’s format changes.
Due to COVID19 requirements, for the safety of our Volunteers and for you the Public,
Unfortunately, our park, tables, seating and toilets are not available at this time.
Note: For the safety of our Volunteers and you the rider, it is a mandatory a requirement of Altona Miniature Railway that all patrons that visit and ride must wear a mask unless they: Are under the age of twelve or have a medical exemption.
Tickets are available will be released during the week prior to an open day. Information on dates and tickets will be shared on our Facebook page. Please check here
Conditions of Booking and Use
1) If the Australian Bureau of Meteorology forecasts possible severe weather conditions (i.e. heavy rain, high winds, electrical storms, etc.), we reserve the right to cancel your booking to ensure the safety of all involved.
2) All care will be taken in running our facilities. However, no responsibility will be taken for personal injury, loss or damage to vehicle or property.
3) We will not be liable for any personal injury or loss where negligence cannot be attributed to us.
4) Please vacate the premises promptly when your session has elapsed.
1) All patrons have an allocated timed session for the train ride.
2) It is a requirement of Altona Miniature Railway that all patrons that visit must wear a mask unless they: Are under the age of twelve or have a medical exemption.
3) Patrons are unable to stay on-site before or after the allocated booking of the train ride.
4) Bathrooms, tables, seating, parkland and BBQ are not available for use.
5) Hand Sanitiser is available
6) Contact information is recorded
Responsibilities of Guests
1) By your participation, you accept the inherent risks of possible injury or harm associated with the rides.
2) Your personal supervision is required at all times. Children’s safety depends on you.
3) You should consider this participation in a responsible manner and with good judgement, particularly if you have a health or medical condition, are pregnant or have other physical limitations. Patrons with medical conditions are responsible for assessing whether they can participate. You must seek medical advice if uncertain.
4) At no time is there to be smoking, eating or drinking permitted while near or riding on the trains
5) Persons in bare feet are not permitted to ride on the train.
6) Climbing, hanging or on trees or structures is DANGEROUS and is not allowed
7) Children are not to push, collide, fight or behave in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others.
8) No pets, toys are allowed on or the train.
9) Do not ride across two carriages
10) Ensure that your children are always supervised by a responsible adult
11) If you have a medical condition that affects balance, do not ride on the trains
12) No person is to ride on the railway if they are ill, affected by medication, or is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
13) Be aware that there may be smoke, steam and cinders emitted from the trains and dress appropriately.