COVID19 Update – November 2020
Due to current Victorian COVID19 restrictions, Altona Miniature Railway has cancelled all public activities. We will provide further updates online and via Facebook as restrictions are eased.
Altona Miniature Railway can be booked for private use, either birthdays, Christmas parties, family reunions or Corporate events.
Events run for either two (minimum), three or four hours, and operate during either a morning or afternoon timeslot. If booking a morning timeslot, the event must finish by 12.30pm to allow time for the afternoon function to set-up.
Private functions are only available on a Sunday, except during December when they are available on either a Saturday or Sunday. Parties can also be booked on the Public Open Days, although only a morning timeslot is available on these days (refer Public Open Days for dates).
Private Function Package includes:
- Sole use of the railway;
- Diesel locomotive plus carriages;
- Unlimited rides for duration of party;
- Use of all picnic areas/tables;
- Use of park style double BBQ;
- Use of on site rubbish/recycle bins.
Cost for Private Functions;
2 hours – $425.00*
3 hours – $550.00*
4 hours – $750.00*
Prices Current as of 1/7/2019
Price includes up to 50 guests (including all adults and children, even if not riding. Infants under 12 months of age ride FREE) * For groups in excess of 50 guests, an additional cost of $5.00 per person is charged.
Please refer to the calendar below for date availability and then complete the form below to submit an inquiry. The Bookings Officer will contact you within 48hours to discuss/confirm your booking.
If date/time is available and you proceed with booking, an invoice will be forwarded to you which requires payment in full within 14 days of receipt. Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to ‘hold’ days, only once payment is received in full is booking confirmed.
Payments can only be made via Direct Bank Deposit.
- You have access to the venue 30 minutes before your start time to set-up and are required to be packed up 20 minutes after event ends, to allow time for the next party to set-up;
- Arrange your own catering
- Decorations are welcome, please remove these upon conclusion of your party;
- You are more than welcome to arrange for other vendors to be on site, although there is an additional charge of $20.00 per vendor. (i.e. jumping castle, face painter, petting zoo, coffee cart, etc) Please let us know if you intend using vendors.
For your convenience, please see below a list of suggested vendors: